The Wilkes Partnership has built a network of established associations across Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa, with offices in 40 countries worldwide.
This interaction with global partners makes us ideally suited to deal with any international issues and smaller and midmarket cross-border deals run from the UK. Our international lawyers focus on owner-managed and medium-sized businesses in many jurisdictions and offer access to specialist accounting and tax advice.
Each year, our international solicitors complete hundreds of matters for overseas clients, ranging from creating new subsidiaries and resolving employee issues to multi-million-pound restructurings, acquisitions and disposals.
With a full-time team based here in the UK, access to this international network is immediate, thereby reducing the response times and solving your disputes quickly and easily.
Who We’ve Helped Previously
Through our global network, we’ve been able to represent and assist hundreds of clients. Take a look at some of our recent cases:
- Acting for German group, Laufenberg GmbH, on its £5.85 million acquisition of Coteck Papers Limited
- Representing Uvex Sports Group GmbH
- Acting for German group Pfisterer to restructure and sell their UK subsidiary’s rail business. This cross-border deal involved 5 different jurisdictions
- Acted in the £5m sale of TTS to Hong Kong-based GT Holdings (HK) Limited
- Acting for the US-based provider of live events, VIAD Corp, to reorganise the management boards of their European and UAE subsidiaries
- Advised Germany-based manufacturer of video surveillance products Mobotix AG, on its acquisition of Vaxtor Recognition Technologies Ltd
Our International Services
Our international business lawyers specialise in corporate and commercial law to help UK businesses operate legally and safely overseas. Here are some of our services:
Covering every aspect of managing a business and its ownership abroad, our international corporate lawyers provide clear advice regarding the structure of your company.
We collaborate with our international counterparts to help your business comply with regulations dictating the sale or purchase of goods and services. Our international solicitors can recommend the best practices to boost your profits.
Restructuring, Acquisitions And Disposals
We help businesses complete their international mergers and acquisitions by managing them alongside our connections abroad and providing sound legal advice that protects your company’s interests.
Our international solicitors provide cross-border accounting and tax advice to help your business meet regulations in the countries you operate in, avoiding any costly charges.
Our notary services can prepare, witness and sign foreign documentation to verify your authority and allow you to conduct business in foreign markets.
Why Choose Wilkes?
Wilkes is uniquely positioned as a leading international law firm in the UK. Our connections in 40 different countries, spanning 80 offices, allow us to act for British businesses regarding their operations abroad. Our full-time UK team supports you and liaises with our global partners, leaving you to operate on your schedule without worrying about meetings in different time zones.
Plus, you receive tailored support throughout the process. We provide a dedicated international business lawyer who manages every aspect of your case and is your single point of contact, ensuring clear communication. They learn about your needs and then offer and execute straightforward solutions to resolve them, meaning that you can concentrate on your business.
You also benefit from the following:
- Our partner-led bespoke approach
- A Legal 500 recognised law firm
- A Lexcel accredited and Solicitors Regulation Authority authorised law firm
- Our comprehensive knowledge of several legal disciplines in the UK and abroad
- Our experienced international lawyers with regional and national recognition
Meet The Team
Our team of international corporate lawyers is led by Nigel Wood, a consultant who was a senior partner at Wilkes from 1997 to 2020. He is backed by the comprehensive combined experience of our partners, consultants and solicitors, offering support with international corporate law covering a range of specialisms. Discover their extensive profiles to learn about how they can help you and what they have achieved in the past: