A Notary Public is a legally qualified professional who deals with the authentication of documents or attestation of signatures to documents that are usually to be used in overseas jurisdictions.
There are a limited number of Notary Publics in the UK and Wilkes are proud to offer clients access to this specialist service.
You may have been advised that your document also needs to be “apostilled” or “legalised”. This means that the notarial act needs to be authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and depending on the country the document is for, legalised by that country’s embassy.
When appearing as a company representative before our Notary Public you will be required to bring at least two items of identification to prove your identity and your residential address. Please contact us in advance with any questions relating to your requirements.
We can help you
- Powers of Attorney
- Documents confirming existence of a UK or overseas company
- Board minutes/resolutions
- Official Certificates eg birth, death, marriage
- Educational/Professional qualification certificates
- Passports/other identification documents
- Attesting a signature to a document
- Acknowledgement of signatures for documents for the USA
- Affidavits, Statutory Declarations, Oaths, Deeds
- Taking a deposition for an overseas litigation matter
- Arranging an apostille/legalisation
What our clients say
The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.
- Legal 500