Whether you are a commercial occupier, house builder/developer or simply a home owner, property disputes are often unavoidable, arising out of anything. Our specialist team of experts are here to help you.
Our property litigation team have an extensive and successful track record of acting for house builders, developers and land owners, some of whom we have acted for over many years.
We know that different clients have different objectives and varying levels of resources to devote to resolving a dispute.
Common issues can include unclear or ambiguous deeds, negligent conveyancing, or the insolvency of a tenant.
We can recognise and appreciate your needs and find a pragmatic solution, so as to minimise or remove any interference with your property interests. Where possible we will try to end any dispute without litigation.
We can help you
- Renew or terminate a business lease
- Forfeit a lease or issue possession proceedings
- Recover unpaid rent and service charges
- Serve or respond to a notice of dilapidations and disrepair
- Enforce other breaches of leasehold covenants
- Enforce liabilities against original tenants or guarantors
- Resolve issues relating to occupier’s liability/defective premises
- Understand your rights to assign and/sublet
- Sue solicitors, surveyors or other property related professionals for negligence
- Resolve a purchaser/vendor dispute, including notices to complete and forfeiture of deposits
- Challenge or enforce freehold restrictive covenants
- Bring a claim because a property has been misdescribed
- Serve notice under the Party Wall Act or respond to a notice
- Challenge works carried out on premises
- Resolve a boundary dispute
- Rectify a mistake on the Land Registry Title
- Resolve a dispute concerning rights of way
- Resolve nuisance issues
- Take action for trespass, adverse possession or recovery of possession from unlawful occupiers and squatters
What our clients say
The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.
- Legal 500