A Notary Public is a legally qualified professional who deals with the authentication of documents or attestation of signatures to documents that are usually to be used in overseas jurisdictions.
There are a limited number of Notary Publics in England & Wales and Wilkes are proud to offer clients access to this specialist service.
You may have been advised that your document also needs to be “apostilled” or “legalised”. This means that the notarial act needs to be authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and depending on the country the document is for, legalised by that country’s embassy.
Please contact us in advance with any questions relating to your requirements as there will be a number of documents required in preparation for your visit.
We can help you
- Execute a Power of Attorney for an overseas juristiction
- With documents confirming existence of a UK or overseas company
- With Board minutes/resolutions
- With official Certificates e.g. birth, death, marriage
- With educational/Professional qualification certificates
- With certification of passports and other documents
- Attest a signature to a document
- With acknowledgement of signatures for documents for the USA
- With Affidavits, Statutory Declarations, Oaths and Deeds
- Take a deposition for an overseas litigation matter
- Arrange an apostille/legalisation
- Documents for overseas property transactions
What our clients say
The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.
- Legal 500
Many thanks to Ann-Marie for her efficient and professional services.
- Mr C - Director of multi-national company