We are looking for an experienced Tax Solicitor to join our busy Private Client Team, based in our Shirley office. Our team of experienced solicitors operate across Birmingham and Solihull, and support our clients with all elements of personal tax planning, including putting together wills and codicils, and assisting with Inheritance Tax planning, personal taxation services and pensions.
For business owners, our tax team has a strong track record of advising and assisting clients through the minefield of inheritance tax planning and work with them to ensure that their tax liabilities are properly organised and minimised. We also undertake the administration and management of estates and trusts, and provides a comprehensive service to trustees, executors and beneficiaries.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our highly experienced Consultant Solicitor, Philip Harrison, providing tax advice to our clients and ensuring the long-term growth of this area of the business.
Within this role you will be providing advice on all aspects of tax law, including:
- Inheritance tax
- Estate planning
- Income tax
- “Non-dom” and non-residents tax
The successful candidate will be keen to develop their skills and experience within a leading Midlands-based team, interacting effectively with colleagues and clients at every level and actively engaging in business development. You will also be able to take full advantage of the on-going comprehensive training available.
What we’re looking for
We’re ideally looking for individuals with 3+ years PQE, with in-depth knowledge and experience of inheritance tax, CGT, and income tax. Knowledge of property investment would be advantageous but not essential.
We would also be interested in talking to experience Chartered Tax Advisors, who in addition to the above, have knowledge of shareholder taxation, and deconstruction and remergers.
Candidates for this role will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Eagerness to take responsibility & ownership of client relationships.
- Proven ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong networking and business development skills.
- Personal drive and ambition to develop their area of the business.
- Focused on ongoing personal learning and development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Excellent collaborative and team working skills
- Excellent IT skills.
This role is being offered on a full-time basis, but we’re happy to consider other flexible working options.
We are offering a competitive salary alongside the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 2 additional days holiday are normally provided at Christmas (usually Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Option to purchase up to 3 days additional holiday
- 8% pension (4% employee contribution, 4% employer)
- Life Assurance of 4X salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme & Bereavement Support helpline
- Free flu jabs
- Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted will writing and conveyancing