We are recruiting for an experienced legal secretary to join our Property Litigation team, based in Birmingham City Centre.
Our Property Litigation team, headed up by Kevin Lynch, supports both corporate and individual clients, from individual home owners to large-scale commercial developers and landowners. Over the years we have built up an extensive client-base, and have cemented our reputation in the midlands for providing bespoke and practical solutions to clients ensuring we work with our clients to help them achieve their commercial aims.
The team has been steadily growing over the last few years, and so we are looking for someone to assist the fee earners in the team and support them in continuing to grow the business.
Our legal secretaries play a key role in the excellent service we provide to our clients, by ensuring that all admin tasks are completed efficiently and accurately, all matters are kept up to date and information is recorded correctly, and by providing a point of contact for our clients when fee earners are unavailable. In addition, support staff are vital in ensuring we continue to hold ourselves to a high standard for all compliance matters and that we have followed all processes correctly when dealing with client matters.
Key tasks of the role include:
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio, copy typing or verbal instruction.
- Opening, updating and closing matter files, and recording client data and correspondence.
- Liaising with internal and external callers, taking accurate messages and passing them onto the fee earner as soon as possible.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for fee earners.
- Attend client meetings, both in person and virtual, to provide admin support such as taking notes.
- Preparing bills and financial documentation.
As well as focusing on bringing out the best in our staff and supporting their career development, we pride ourselves on being a firm that genuinely cares for the wellbeing of our staff. Our key focus is to maintain an open and honest workplace where all staff can be their authentic self and enjoy their time at work. In addition, our staff enjoy an excellent work-life balance, with the majority of our people now having hybrid working in place. This is underpinned by our enhanced family friendly policies, and our commitment to our staff’s mental health.
Whilst we are ideally looking for someone to work full-time (35 hours per week), we will consider applications from candidates looking for part-time/flexible working arrangements.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience as a legal secretary working in property litigation.
- Excellent typing skills, able to quickly and accurately process legal documents, including correspondence and bills, from manuscript or digital dictation, with minimal supervision.
- Highly organised with a meticulous approach to ensuring all processes are followed correctly.
- Proven ability to manage a busy workload, work to deadlines and targets, and able to respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of Tikit (or similar case management system) and BigHand dictation would be advantageous but not essential.
- Focused on delivering exceptional client care.
- Friendly and approachable, with a willingness to support and help colleagues – work is shared across support staff and so you must be able to effectively share and hand-over work to others.
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Display a can-do, positive attitude to work, and a high degree of self-management.
We are offering a salary in the region of £20-23K depending on experience alongside the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 2 additional days holiday are normally provided at Christmas (usually Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Option to purchase up to 3 days additional holiday
- 8% pension (4% employee contribution, 4% employer)
- Life Assurance of 4X salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme & Bereavement Support helpline
- Free flu jabs
- Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted will writing and conveyancing