We are seeking a Family Solicitor to join our busy and ambitious team, to be based at our Birmingham office,with some travel to our Solihull office.
The Wilkes Family team has built an extensive reputation across Birmingham, Solihull and the West Midlands for providing creative and innovative ways of resolving our clients’ issues, seeking to deal with all matters on a collaborative basis wherever possible.
We assist with all the legal aspects of family relationships, including helping our clients obtain a divorce, settle finances, seek injunctive relief and prepare separation agreements. We have expertise in financial and corporate issues and structures, as well as tax and pensions, which are essential in dealing with the individual, often complex and unusual problems our clients may have.
The team is headed up by Aaron Keene, who has in excess of 30 year’s experience in resolving family law issues.
As well as focusing on bringing out the best out in our staff and supporting their career development, we pride ourselves on being a firm that genuinely cares for the wellbeing of our staff. Our key focus is to maintain an open and honest workplace where all staff can be their authentic self and enjoy their time at work. In addition, our staff enjoy an excellent work-life balance.
For this role, the successful candidate will be expected to initially work in the office full-time, with occasional working from home available. This is to ensure that they are gaining the maximum knowledge and development from working and supporting senior fee earners. Long-term, we have hybrid working in place for the majority of our staff and this would be available in the future.
What we’re looking for
- 1-3 years PQE, with experience in all aspects of family work.
- Focused on delivering excellent client service
- Ability to work to targets, to prioritise and manage a varied caseload
- Ambition to progress and eagerness to take responsibility.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and manage client relationships.
- Friendly and approachable, able to build relationships at all levels across the firm.
- Displays a collaborative approach to work, focused on making the team a success.
- Focused on ongoing learning & development.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- Excellent IT skills.
We are offering a competitive salary depending on experience alongside the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 2 additional days holiday are normally provided at Christmas (usually Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Option to purchase up to 3 days additional holiday
- Time off for volunteering
- 8% pension (4% employee contribution, 4% employer)
- Life Assurance of 4X salary
- Medicash health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free flu jabs
- Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted will writing and conveyancing