We are looking for an ambitious Employment Solicitor, with a strong background in Corporate Support, to join our established and friendly team, based in Birmingham City Centre.
The Wilkes employment team has built an extensive reputation across Birmingham and the West Midlands for providing a comprehensive and quality service to our clients. We advise on all areas of employment law, from day-to-day HR issues to more complex matters, including transfers of undertakings, discrimination, restrictive covenants and multi-jurisdictional employee disputes. We regularly represent clients in Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation.
Our current team is made up of a number of highly experienced solicitors, and we are looking for someone more junior to come into the team to provide assistance and support to the more senior team members. This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone committed to pursuing a career in employment law, with the successful candidate benefiting from ongoing learning and development. Long-term we hope this individual will be a future leader within the team.
As well as focusing on bringing out the best out in our staff and supporting their career development, we pride ourselves on being a firm that genuinely cares for the wellbeing of our staff. Our key focus is to maintain an open and honest workplace where all staff can be their authentic self and enjoy their time at work. In addition, our staff enjoy an excellent work-life balance, with the majority of our people now having hybrid working in place.
Whilst we are ideally looking for someone to work full-time (35 hours per week), we will consider applications from candidates looking for part-time/flexible working arrangements.
What we’re looking for
- Up to 3 years PQE
- Experience in Corporate Support
- A litigation/contentious background would be a definite advantage but is not essential.
- Strong commercial acumen, able to understand and support our clients in achieving their business goals.
- Ambition to progress and eagerness to take responsibility
- Proven ability to successfully manage client relationships
- Friendly and approachable, able to build relationships at all levels across the firm.
- Displays a collaborative approach to work.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Focused on ongoing learning & development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Strong IT skills.
We are offering a salary in the region of £46-48K depending on experience alongside the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 2 additional days holiday are normally provided at Christmas (usually Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Option to purchase up to 3 days additional holiday
- 8% pension (4% employee contribution, 4% employer)
- Life Assurance of 4X salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme & Bereavement Support helpline
- Free flu jabs
- Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted will writing and conveyancing