We are looking for an ambitious Corporate Solicitor, in particular with commercial contract experience, to join our busy and friendly team, based in Birmingham City Centre.
Our team of corporate lawyers are one of the most established and well respected transaction teams outside of London. Over the last 30 years we have developed an enviable reputation for providing a first class, proactive service in relation to all corporate affairs. We are proud to serve our valued and long-established client base of local, national and international businesses (both large and small) on the full spectrum of corporate affairs.
The team typically advises on over fifty substantial M&A transactions per year in the corporate mid-market (up to £50 million deal size). We advise in accordance with best market practice on a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, MBOs/MBIs, Employee Ownership, asset finance, development and start-up capital. All of our transactions are partner led. In addition, we have an extensive track record in delivering the latest thinking on corporate tax/financial restructuring and reorganisations – such as capital reduction de-mergers, family investment companies, LLPs and joint venture companies, allowing our clients to achieve optimal positioning for both their tax and risk management.
Our current team is made up of a mix of junior and experienced solicitors, and we are looking for someone with between 3-5 years post qualification experience to join the team to increase our capacity, whilst building their own skills, knowledge and experience. You will benefit from working directly with our diverse corporate partners on a broad range of matters including mergers & acquisitions, corporate disposals & exits and equity capital markets transactions.
As well as focusing on bringing out the best out in our staff and supporting their career development, we pride ourselves on being a firm that genuinely cares for the wellbeing of our staff. Our key focus is to maintain an open and honest workplace where all staff can be their authentic self and enjoy their time at work. In addition, our staff enjoy an excellent work-life balance, with the majority of our people now having hybrid working in place.
Whilst we are ideally looking for someone to work full-time (35 hours per week), we will consider applications from candidates looking for part-time/flexible working arrangements.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years PQE
- Experience with commercial contracts
- Strong commercial acumen, able to understand and support our clients in achieving their business goals.
- Ambition to progress and eagerness to take responsibility
- Proven ability to successfully manage client relationships
- Friendly and approachable, able to build relationships at all levels across the firm.
- Displays a collaborative approach to work.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Focused on ongoing learning & development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Strong IT skills.
We are offering a salary in the region of £49-55K depending on experience alongside the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 2 additional days holiday are normally provided at Christmas (usually Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Option to purchase up to 3 days additional holiday
- 8% pension (4% employee contribution, 4% employer)
- Life Assurance of 4X salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme & Bereavement Support helpline
- Free flu jabs
- Season Ticket Loans
- Discounted will writing and conveyancing