Wilkes is one of the leading independent medium-sized UK law firms operating from the Midlands region. We provide a wide range of specialist expertise aimed at our core clients – businesses, individuals, financiers and charities.
Our expert solicitors specialise in a wide range of legal services for both businesses and individuals. Choosing a solicitor is an important decision, and client satisfaction is at the core of everything we do.
Our aim from the outset is to become trusted advisors to our clients and consistently provide legal excellence at every opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join our busy accounts team, providing a professional end to end Legal Cashiering service whilst ensuring compliance with the Firm’s policies & procedures and the SRA Accounts Rules.
Working in a team of 7, the successful candidate will be carrying out all aspects of accounts administration, including supplier invoice processing and office and client account receipts and payments processing.
Key tasks include:
- Process incoming and outgoing payments
- Invoicing clients
- Assisting with Purchase Ledger
- Ensuring Case Management system is kept up to date
- Carrying out monthly bank reconciliations
- Processing telephone and online payments from clients
- Working with fee earners to ensure matter balances are kept accurate and up to date
- Supporting the Finance Manager with general administration of accounts
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 2 years’/Previous experience in a Legal Cashier role
- Strong knowledge of Excel, in particular using spreadsheets to report and manage financial information, e.g. carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Good general IT skills, including Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Tikit would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Focused on ongoing personal learning and development.
- Have a good eye for detail, working to a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, able to deal well with changing priorities.
- Works well in a team, willing to pitch in and help out colleagues at busy times.
What we can offer you
As well as offering a competitive salary, we pride ourselves on creating a supportive, friendly and professionally rewarding work environment. Whist our team is busy, ambitious and we work hard, we do not have (or foster) an “excessive hours culture” found in many larger firms doing similar quality work.
We encourage and support our staff in their ongoing development, and provide ample opportunities for staff to build on their skills and experience.
We aim to provide flexibility where possible for staff in their working hours and location, and support all staff in maintaining a good work-life balance. This is underpinned by our enhanced family friendly policies, and our commitment to our staff’s mental health. We want to provide a supportive culture to allow people to thrive at work.
As a Firm, we believe we have a responsibility to make a positive impact on our local community, and we encourage all staff to participate in contributing to our local communities through our CSR initiatives.
Our benefits include:
- 24 days annual leave plus the option to purchase additional days.
- Matching 4% pension contributions.
- Life Assurance of 4X base salary.
- Discounts on personal conveyancing and wills.
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships, restaurants and days out.
- Annual flu jabs.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks.
Details of how we handle your personal data can be found in our Candidate Privacy Notice.