Power of attorney

We can help to ensure your affairs are in order if you lose the ability to tend to them yourself.

By registering an existing Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) or preparing a new Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) you can be sure that your Attorneys will continue to maintain your affairs to meet your financial and personal needs.

This is not just something for the older person to consider.

There are two types of LPA, a Property and Financial Affairs LPA and a Personal Welfare LPA. We would be happy to discuss which of the two is most appropriate for you.

We can prepare all the necessary paperwork required to affect an LPA and ensure its effective registration with the Office of the Public Guardian.

If you are concerned about a loved one’s ability to look after their own affairs for whatever reason and wish to assist them in their day-to-day activities then you may need to apply to the Court of Protection to become their Deputy, if they do not already have an effective EPA/LPA in place. Our team of specialists can guide you through the process.

We can help you:-

  • Prepare an LPA
  • Register an LPA
  • Register a loved one’s EPA
  • Object to the registration of an LPA/EPA
  • Apply to become a loved one’s Deputy


Andrew Hasnip (Birmingham Office)

E-mail: ahasnip@wilkes.co.uk
Phone: +44 121 233 4333
Fax: +44 121 233 4546

Eleanor Holland (Solihull Office)

E-mail: eholland@wilkes.co.uk
Phone: +44 121 733 8000
Fax: +44 121 233 4546

What our clients say

I have found the staff very welcoming whether it be face to face contact or over the telephone