Planning and Regulatory

Our team has over 40 years experience in both the public sector and private practice advising individuals on planning and regulatory issues.

If you want to build an extension onto your house or have a dispute with your local authority or one of your neighbours over a planning or other matter we can advise on your legal position and the best way to resolve the problem.

If your property is affected by a public scheme of development or a Compulsory Purchase Order we can advise on your right to object and/or your compensation entitlements.

We can help you:-

  • know whether you need planning permission to build an extension to your house
  • apply for planning permission if you do not have permitted development rights
  • be advised on whether the Council’s Officers are right in a dispute you have with the Council
  • know how you can complain if you are unhappy with the service you have had from the local authority or some other public body
  • have advice on a notice of a Compulsory Purchase Order which you have received
  • know whether you can claim compensation if your house is going to be devalued by a proposed road or other scheme
  • have help in resolving a statutory nuisance
  • know where you stand if you are accused of a breach of planning or other regulations
  • have legal representation in an appeal or legal proceedings



Ian Williamson (Solihull Office)

Phone: +44 121 733 8000
Fax: +44 121 733 3322

What our clients say

“God has sent you to us!” Thomas Aderounmu, Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (The Fountain) (upon obtaining planning permission for conversion to a church of premises on a site reserved in the development plan for industry, which had previously been refused)