Our dedicated employment team is able to assist with any employment law issues that investors and venture capitalists may have to deal with during the course of their investments.
We understand that portfolio investments do not always progress as expected. Sometimes situations can arise where it is necessary for investors to take action quickly to protect the company which requires sensitive handling and discreet, independent legal advice. This may, for instance, require removal of a disruptive or underperforming chief executive and/or other key member of the management team.
We routinely provide investors and company chairmen with an alternative, independent service distinct from lawyers who have previously acted for the company (or the manager concerned – for example, on the original management buyout) in such scenarios.
We also draft non-executive directorship and/or consultancy agreements, as well as employee incentive schemes – such as EMI Option Schemes taking advantage of the new tax reliefs for managers which came into force on 6th April 2013 under the 2013 Finance Act.
Please click below to see details of some of our specific services:
- Free Employment Health Check
- Employment newsletter
- Basic guide to UK employment law
- Business immigration services
We can help you:-
- remove a CEO/director
- appoint a non-executive/investor director
- appoint a chairman
- defend a claim for unfair dismissal/wrongful dismissal
- draft/take independent advice on a settlement agreement
- handle a disciplinary/grievance matter
- manage redundancies/restructures
- deal with TUPE issues
- handle equality and diversity issues / claims
- deal with confidentiality/restrictive covenant matters
- obtain an injunction
- draft/review employment and policies
- obtain work visas for overseas employees from oversees
- provide bespoke employment law training to staff/managers
- deal with any other employment matter
Phone: +44 121 710 5815
Fax: +44 121 233 4546
What our clients say
The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.
– Legal 500