Court of Protection

If a loved one begins to lose their capacity to make decisions in relation to their own property and affairs you may need to step in and assist them. Unfortunately, unless your loved one has already prepared an Enduring Power of Attorney (pre 2007) or Lasting Power of Attorney which appoints you as their Attorney, then in order to have the authority to deal with their affairs you would need to apply to the Court of Protection to become their Court Appointed Deputy.

Our team of specialist solicitors can see you through the process of applying to become your loved one’s deputy, including preparing all necessary application forms and writing to the appropriate medical Consultants.

Furthermore we can offer a full Deputyship service if necessary.
In addition, as one of few firms outside of London to have a dedicated full time contentious probate team we can help you should you have any concerns about the way in which a loved one or family member is being cared for by someone else.

We can help you:-

  • Prepare a statutory will and trusts
  • Speak to someone regarding a dispute involving a Court of Protection health and welfare dispute
  • Speak to someone regarding a dispute involving a power of Attorney
  • Make an application to remove a deputy or attorney
  • Apply to become a loved one’s Deputy
  • Enquire as to my duties as a loved one’s Deputy


Ann-Marie Aston

Phone: +44 121 733 8000
Fax: +44 121 733 3322


What our clients say

The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.

– Legal 500