Tim Coplestone is a Partner and Head of Real Estate at Wilkes, specialising in commercial real estate development. Over the last 20 years he has built up a solid reputation in the Birmingham real estate market.
He trained and qualified at Wragge & Co and worked in the development team there, moving to Eversheds private developer team in 2005, joining Wilkes in 2009.
Tim’s developer clients are primarily West Midlands and London based but he also works for numerous developers across the country. He is currently working on a number of large projects in Birmingham and London, which when they become publicly unveiled, will be very high profile.
- Site assembly of a major 200+ mixed use residential lead scheme in Digbeth for a London based family office.
- A prominent city centre boutique, 15 storey hotel scheme.
- Acquisition, redevelopment and sale of 2 mews houses and 2 apartments in Chelsea.
- The development of former industrial buildings at Icknield Port Loop for a mixed-use scheme.
- Redevelopment of a leather factory in the Jewellery quarter for a 100 unit residential scheme.
The team has also developed into a full service secured lending team acting for many banks and private lenders. Through a competitive tender process, Tim secured Wilkes onto the national panel of four law firms for a major challenger bank.
In addition to his role as a Partner, Tim is also the firms Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
Our people finder
Tim has advised a wide range of developers, landlords and tenants and his main passion and expertise is in site assembly, development set-up and funding for both small and complex developments alike. His approach is very commercial, Tim provides solutions.
£30m refinancing with Coutts Bank of office and residential blocks, Paintball Centre and Indoor Go-cart track at London Docklands for private Jersey off-shore investor
£12m LMA refinancing of mixed use office block in Shoreditch for private London family office
Site assembly for mixed use commercial development in Birmingham City Centre