Our specialist team has over 40 years experience in both the public sector and private practice advising individuals on planning and regulatory issues.

If you want to build an extension onto your house or are caught up in a dispute with your local authority or a neighbour regarding a planning matter we can advise on your legal position and the best way to resolve the problem.

If your property is affected by a public scheme of development or a Compulsory Purchase Order we can advise on your right to object and/or your compensation entitlements.

We can help you

  • Ascertain if you require planning permission
  • Apply for planning permission
  • Ascertain wether Council’s Officers are right in a dispute you have with the Council
  • With complaints to Council's and other public bodies
  • With advice on a notice of a Compulsory Purchase Order
  • Resolve a statutory nuisance
  • Advise if you are accused of a breach of planning or other regulations
  • With representation in an appeal or legal proceedings
  • Compensation claims if your house is going to be devalued by a proposed road or other scheme


Leenamari Aantaa-Collier - Planning Lawyer - The Wilkes Partnership Solicitors
Leenamari Aantaa-Collier

Partner, Planning

Ian Williamson
Ian Williamson

Consultant Planning Lawyer

Tim Coplestone
Tim Coplestone

Partner, Real Estate

What our clients say

  • God has sent you to us!

    - Thomas Aderounmu, Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (The Fountain) (upon obtaining planning permission for conversion to a church of premises on a site reserved in the development plan for industry, which had previously been refused)

Business Continuity Update – COVID-19

23rd March 2020

To our valued clients and partners,

As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve we wanted to take the time to reassure you of the actions we are taking to protect our clients, colleagues and the wider communities, whilst working to maintain our services to you at this time.


Our commitment to you

We are open for business and will continue to provide you with the best service we can in the safest way possible, but in-line with government advice our offices are now closed for face-to-face meetings and all staff are now working from home until further notice.

If you have an appointment scheduled your legal advisor will be in touch shortly to discuss your options, if they haven’t done so already.


Our staff are set up and ready to respond to you as usual. We are working hard to mitigate any disruptions, and will continue to provide you with the legal service and advice you need, delivered with the high-level of service you have come to expect from Wilkes.


If you do experience a slight delay in hearing back from us, please bear with us. We will be in touch.


If you have a general enquiry please call us on 0121 233 4333 or email us at law@wilkes.co.uk, or contact your normal point of contact.


Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times. We look forward to returning to normal, with a handshake, as soon as possible.


The Wilkes  Partnership Solicitors


Birmingham – 0121 233 4333  Solihull – 0121 733 8000

Continue To Site