The current firm was formed out of the merger in May 2013 of the city centre practice, The Wilkes Partnership LLP, with Solihull-based Williamson & Soden solicitors. The merger has formed a firm with a combined turnover of £10 million, with 19 partners and 150 employees overall.
Nigel Wood, senior partner at The Wilkes Partnership, commented: “Williamson & Soden is an established and successful law firm and will be a valuable addition to The Wilkes Partnership brand. This merger brings together two complementary commercial law firms that have each successfully survived challenging economic times, with both maintaining an impressive client base throughout the recession. It will result in a bigger firm with an increased pool of expertise than can offer true excellence in client service.”
We retain our Birmingham city centre head office, and Williamson & Soden’s commercial and private client services will become part of The Wilkes Partnership. Williamson & Soden’s Solihull office will be rebranded and will continue to serve both new and existing clients in the Solihull area.
All employees from both firms have been retained, with Ian Williamson and John Soden both taking on consultant roles. The criminal law services provided by Williamson & Soden will continue to operate under the Williamson & Soden brand.
Established in 1933 by Herbert Wilkes, over the last 80 years The Wilkes Partnership LLP has grown to become one of the most established and respected medium-size practices in the Midlands.
The firm has access to an international network and is able to offer legal services in 40 countries worldwide.
The firm has always been based in the city centre and focused on our core clients. In 2012, we incorporated to become a limited liability partnership.
In 2014 and onwards we strive to continue to provide a first-class service to our clients by attracting and developing the best legal talent – and by expanding and developing our business.