Our team of employment law solicitors in Birmingham & Solihull provide a comprehensive service, covering all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law and HR support.
All aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law and HR support is covered through our comprehensive law service. Our expert team of Birmingham & Solihull based employment solicitors provide advice and support for every step of the employment tribunal process for both claimants and respondents alike.
Speak to a lawyer today
On 0121 733 8000 or contact us below.
Employment Solicitors Birmingham
Wilkes is a law firm based in Birmingham and Solihull who has a number of the country’s leading employment law solicitors as part of our employment department. Our team of specialist employment law solicitors can give employment law advice on all employment law issues, ranging from day-to-day HR queries to more complex matters, including transfers of undertakings, discrimination, restrictive covenants and multi-jurisdictional employee disputes.
Why Do You Need Employment Law Solicitors?
With people being at the heart of every organisation, no matter the size or shape, employment issues can be tricky.
Employment law is constantly changing and it can be a full-time job for the professionals to keep abreast of all developments. With legal professionals finding it hard to keep on top of these issues, it will prove doubly so for your internal team members with multiple responsibilities. When workplace issues become disputes, we recognise that our clients need support from lawyers who will fight their corner, whilst doing so in a cost-effective way.
Your relationship with your employees is vital to your business’ success, so keeping on top of employment law issues is a must but this often leaves staff stretched trying to keep compliant. Whether that be your HR team or managers attempting to learn on the go, it will prove costly to your business through either time or money. Our employment solicitors can help you manage the legal side of this relationship, leaving your managers with more time to do what they do best.
If these legal issues do arise, they can drain your resources, because they can become costly, time-consuming and stressful if you don’t handle them quickly. Therefore we highly recommend the services of an employment solicitor. With our help, you can develop the right policies to ensure legal compliance and proactively resolve problems before they grow as well as minimise time spent on existing disputes.
Whether you are facing an employment tribunal claim or you need to manage the process of an employee’s departure or you need to know how to organise a redundancy procedure, we will provide practical advice to achieve the best solution.
How We Can Help
Our employment solicitors can help you with a whole range of areas. Whether it be representing your business in court or providing effective legal advice, we can provide a wide range of legal services that are most suitable to you and your unique circumstances. We can advise you about the following employment claims:
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal eg. breach of contract
- Discrimination of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership
- Unlawful deductions of wages
- Claims relating to family-friendly rights
- Employment tribunal defence
- Employee dispute settlement agreements
- Investigations, grievance, disciplinary and redundancy procedures
- Attendance, sickness and performance issues
- General employment and HR issues
- Post-termination restrictive covenants and confidentiality
- Employment contracts, policies and staff handbooks
- Advice on business restructuring, making redundancies and undergoing a Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Why Choose Wilkes Employment Lawyers Birmingham?
Our clients say that we are “highly responsive” and we “consistently provide sound and practical advice”.
We act for clients across all sectors including private, public and foreign-owned businesses.
By coming to us, you will be looked after by an established team of expert employment law professionals with a reputation for delivering bespoke solutions that meet your objectives. We have teams of employment solicitors in Solihull and in Birmingham who can advise or represent you in all areas of employment law.
Our employment lawyers in Solihull and Birmingham regularly represent clients in employment tribunals and high court litigation. We also advise on employment immigration issues.
Wilkes represents both employers and employees, so if you believe you have been treated unfairly we can be on hand to give you legal advice.
We can help you
- Draft/review employment contracts and policies
- Draft settlement agreements
- Defend Employment Tribunal claims
- Defend Court claims
- Deal with TUPE questions
- Handle disciplinary action
- Deal with redundancy/restructure programmes
- Deal with equality and diversity issues
- Deal with maternity/family friendly rights
- Draft/enforce confidentiality/restrictive covenant provisions
- Obtain injunctions against current or former employees
- Defend injunction actions
- Dismissing/removing statutory directors
- Provide bespoke employment law training to staff/managers
- Deal with any other employment matter
- Arrange work visas and employment contracts for employees from overseas
What our clients say
The Wilkes Partnership is a well established Birmingham player offering Clients a credible alternative to the large national practices. The Firm’s strategy focuses particularly on owner managed businesses and on being a second supplier of specialist legal services to PLCs.
- Legal 500